- Positions available: Instructional Content Developer and Technology Support
- Hiring now: Two half-time graduate assistantships or hourly undergraduate positions starting as soon as possible and working until the end of the summer semester
- Taking applications: Six half-time graduate assistantships available for Fall 2017/Spring 2018
The Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT) is seeking motivated and organized graduate students to assist in the content creation and transfer (migration) of ISU online courses into the University’s new Learning Management System (LMS) software. You will work directly with instructors and instructional design experts to review and update migrated courses. Additional duties will include learning the LMS software, developing user support materials, teaching basic hands-on software workshops, and staffing a walk-in lab to assist instructors with migrating their courses. Candidates with strong interest in communications, instructional design or development of software support materials are encouraged to apply.
- Active enrollment in a graduate program at Iowa State University, if applying for graduate assistantships
- Experience working independently with minimal instruction in a team environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Detail oriented and research oriented
- Knowledge of LMS or web development software (like Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas, Drupal, Adobe tools, etc.)
- Prior experience with the design and development of online instructional materials (documents, online presentations, assignments, quizzes, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Experience in writing and designing software support materials
- Coursework or prior experience with teaching, tutoring, or pedagogy
- Experience working with subject matter experts and adult students
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS – Knowledge of web accessibility
- Experience with Camtasia or other screen recording software
- Experience creating rapid prototypes of online content
- Experience with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- June 20, 2017 for summer assistantships.
- July 1, 2017 for fall 2017/spring 2018 assistantships.
Send a cover letter indicating which position, a resume, examples of work, and three references to:
Darrin Jones, Program Coordinator, CELT, via email email@example.com
Those qualified will be contacted for an interview.
Questions? Darrin Jones, Program Coordinator, CELT, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org